WWII affected the Correspondence School in many ways. The School expanded, providing more services to rural students; children with disabilities and post-primary students in country schools accessed special subjects for the first time. In 1951 Clarence Eakins retired after 31 years as Headmaster and was presented with a typewriter in appreciation of his work.
Our Rural Magazine ceased publication due to paper shortages caused by the disruption of shipping during WW2.
In August the Correspondence School moved again to a rented two storey house in Museum Street.
In 1946 the first itinerant teacher was appointed to visit correspondence students in the coastal area between Carnarvon and Roebourne.
Clarence Eakins relinquished his position at the Correspondence School. He continued with the Education Department as an Advisory Teacher, re-writing several courses of study for the lower primary grades. He retired at the end of June 1953.
The Correspondence School became the Western Australian Correspondence School (WACS) and a new Headmaster, Owen Williams, was appointed following the retirement of Clarence Eakins.
The first camp school was held in the north-west at Port Hedland. Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal students attended.
The Carnarvon trial of a School of the Air was initiated. The Headmaster of the Carnarvon Junior High School, Mr L Phillips, developed materials for primary students. Some students used the two-way pedal radio to speak to their teachers while others were only able to listen.