In 1946 the first itinerant teacher was appointed to visit correspondence students in the coastal area between Carnarvon and Roebourne.
In 1949 a second itinerant teacher’s district was established, encompassing an inland area extending from Meekatharra to Port Hedland, and as far east as the Great Sandy Desert.
In 1949 Mr G Kemp worked in the coastal area and Mr J Kenney was appointed to the inland area. The teacher spent 2-3 nights in each student's home, providing instruction to them, and advice to their parents or those supervising them, about ways to use the Correspondence School materials effectively. Their vans carried equipment like strip-film projectors, a library of educational films, material for craftwork, and a well stocked library of childrens' books. They also carried lesson materials and textbooks.
Itinerant teachers travelled long distances in what one of the teacher’s described as the World’s largest schoolroom, even though the teacher only had about 50 students. Read more about this service in which is held in the National Library of Australia. the article