Applying to enrol at SIDE is a four stage process and the first three stages are best completed in one sitting (with the exception of the Special Circumstances category). Separate applications are required for each student.
The application can be completed on your mobile, tablet or computer. For mobiles and tablets, have the documents listed below ready to photograph and upload, or for computers, scanned and ready to upload. Your email should be open at the same time to receive the emails from SIDE with links to the next stage.
Scan the following documents separately and save into a folder, one folder for each student:
- Birth certificate and/or passport
- Approved Visa subclass for non-citizen or non-permanent resident
- Immunisation record/letter of conscientious objection
- School reports. Each semester report can be scanned as one document.
- NAPLAN results. These are attempted by student in Years 3 and 5.
- Proof of WA address for example, utility bill, current WA driver's licence.
- Flight bookings (if applicable)/ Itinerary
- For Special Circumstances and Elite Performance applications supporting documentation will be required. (Elite/Specialist/Ballet applications require a letter on the letterhead of the official body or ballet school).
Other documents that may be requested/required:
- Individual Education Plans
- OLNA results
- Medical action plans
- Evidence of disability
The application process
For best results, complete the process in one sitting.
- Stage 1 is the Eligibility Form. Please select the Enrolment Category that best suits your situation from the drop-down list at the top of the form. Applications will not progress if a category is not selected. Complete the Student Details followed by the Criteria Questions. Please read the directions carefully before answering the questions. Press Submit at the end of the form.
- You will receive an email containing a link to Stage 2, the Criteria Form. Selected information from the eligibility form will already be on this form. Complete the form, attaching any documents requested and submit.
- You will now receive another email with a link to Application Part A and B. Please enter the requested information; attaching documents where requested and once completed submit the form.
- A third email with the link to Stage 4, Enrolment Declaration, will be sent by SIDE staff once the information contained in Stages 1, 2 and 3 have been checked against the attachments. The enrolment declaration needs to be printed, signed, scanned (or photographed) and emailed back.
Special Circumstances applications are dealt with separately and emails with links to the different stages may take longer. Please contact SIDE Primary K-6 Enrolments or phone +61 8 9311 1447 to inquire about enrolment.