|Course Content Description:
The focus for this unit is Product Design. Students will:
- Investigate, design and produce still life photography including studio lighting techniques.
- Investigate the impact of photographic conventions and design elements in communicating a message through photography.
- Produce photographs demonstrating design elements texture (through side lighting) and colour (through back lighting). Use one of these images to create a cover page for a calendar.
- Research and produce images about styles and techniques in photographic portraiture.
The focus for this unit is Cultural Design. Students will:
- Develop images using Pop Art techniques that represent contemporary popular culture.
- Produce an image designed to persuade an audience.
- Investigate a significant photographic movement and its impact on photography and then produce an image in the same style.