|Course Content Description:
The focus of this unit is on internal management for business including:
- Management of business finance – short and long term
- Classification of costs and the importance of a master budget
- Calculations related to cost accounting, cost-volume-profit processing
- The concept of insolvency, ethical issues in relation to financial dealings.
The focus of this unit is on Australian reporting entities and how they are regulated;
- characteristics of public and large proprietary companies
- the purpose of accounting standards and reporting
- processing cash flow statements, general journals, ledgers and financial statements and interpreting annual reports, ratios and cash flows
- the nature and importance of regulation and auditing, corporate disclosure.