EAL/D Courses now at SIDE
In 2019 SIDE will offer Year 11 and 12 courses for students who wish to study English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EAL/D).
Why study EAL/D?
- EAL/D studies are skill-based, preparing students for further study or for future employment.
- Each course unit focuses on the development of Standard Australian English in a flexible and supportive learning environment.
- These courses provide greater pathways for students who speak another language or dialect who wish to access a range of post-secondary options at the tertiary level, training and the workplace.
What is available at SIDE?
General and ATAR courses in EAL/D are now available to Year 11 and Year 12 students.
Who can study EAL/D?
- Students whose home language is a language or dialect other than standard Australian English.
- Enrolment into the Year 12 EAL/D courses cannot occur without prior eligibility approval. Please contact a SIDE Student Coordinator to find out more about this process, or anything else about our courses.
What do students think?
“Studying EALD at SIDE gives me the opportunity to improve my skills in English. I found this course really helpful especially when communicating to someone. This course is like stairs going upwards because every single day it gives new knowledge which will help you reach the end.” Neil Almario, Year 11.