SIDE Community brings together some resources related to current parents, and former students, staff and their families.
Who makes up our community?
Current parents and their children
Parent Connect is a place where you can find out more about your child now including but not limed to: their current classes, assessment results for secondary subjects and interim and semester reports.
News & Updates links to current Online News articles and the term newsletter, InSIDE News.
A snapshot of SIDE history is provided through The Place Project, Hall of Fame recipients and Where are they now?
Former students, staff and families
The 2018 Centenary celebrations showed that former students and staff were proud of their distance education connections, wanted to share their own stories, and were interested in the stories of other students.
The SIDE community includes alumni, families and staff from:
- The Correspondence School (Correspondence Classes)
- The WA Correspondence School (WACS)
- The Isolated Students Matriculation Scheme (ISMS)
- The Early Childhood Education Scheme
- Distance Education Centre (DEC)
- Schools of Isolated and Distance Education - SIDE Primary School; SIDE Secondary School; SIDE Post-Compulsory School (SIDE)
- School of Isolated and Distance Education (SIDE).
Keeping in touch
We love telling people about the exciting things happening at SIDE. Watch out for our latest News and Updates or subscribe to its RSS feed to stay in touch.
Alternatively, register your interest by subscribing to our news email to find out more about news, events and information relevant to current and past students, families and former staff.
SIDE is proud of former students and would like to hear about what you are doing now.
In 2019 the SIDE newsletter began featuring stories in the InSIDE News.
If you would like to submit your own story either as an individual or a family, please complete the form.