Harmony Week 15 – 21 March
Harmony Week is a time to celebrate Australian multiculturalism.
Did you know?
- Nearly half (49 per cent) of Australians were born overseas or have at least one parent who was.
- Australians identify with over 300 ancestries.
- Since 1945, more than 7.5 million people have migrated to Australia.
- 85 per cent of Australians agree multiculturalism has been good for Australia.
- Apart from English, the most common languages spoken in Australia are Mandarin, Arabic, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Italian, Greek, Tagalog/Filipino, Hindi, Spanish and Punjabi.
- More than 70 Indigenous languages are spoken in Australia.
ABS 2016 Census Data. Check out the Australian Bureau of Statistics website.