If applying for Years 7 – 12 it is recommended that you speak with a Student Services Coordinator if you have any questions. The contact number for the Secondary School is 08 9242 6300.
Applying to enrol at SIDE is a four stage process and the first three stages are best completed in one sitting (with the exception of the Special Circumstances category). Separate applications are required for each student.
The application can be completed on your mobile, tablet or computer. For mobiles and tablets, have these documents below ready to photograph and for computers, scanned in and ready. You will need to have your email open to receive the emails with the links to the next stage.
Scan separately and save into a folder (for each student) the following documents:
- Birth certificate and/or passport
- Immunisation record/letter of conscientious objection
- School reports (each semester report can be scanned as one document)
- NAPLAN results (sat in Years 3, 5, 7 and 9)
- Proof of WA address (examples: utilities bill, current WA drivers licence)
- Flight bookings (if applicable)/ Itinerary
- For Special Circumstances and Elite Performance applications supporting documentation will be required. (Elite/Specialist/Ballet applications require a letter on the letterhead of the official body or ballet school).
Other documents that may be requested/required:
- Individual Education Plans
- OLNA results
- Medical action plans
- Evidence of disability
For best results, complete the process in one sitting.
- Stage 1 is the Eligibility Form. Please select the Enrolment Category that best suits your situation from the drop down list at the top of the form. Applications will not progress if a category is not selected. Complete the Student Details followed by the Criteria Questions. Please read the directions carefully before answering the questions. Press Submit at the end of the form.
- You will receive an email containing a link to Stage 2, the Criteria Form. Selected information from the eligibility form will already be on this form. Complete the form, attaching any documents requested and submit.
- You will now receive an email with a link to Application Part A and B. Please enter the requested information; attaching documents where requested and once completed submit the form.
An email with the link to stage 4, Enrolment Declaration, will be sent by SIDE staff once the information contained in stages 1, 2 and 3 has been checked against the attachments. The enrolment declaration needs to be printed, signed, scanned (or photographed) and emailed back.
Special Circumstances applications are dealt with separately and emails with links to the different stages may take longer. You may request to speak to one of the school psychologists on 08 9242 6300 to enquire on an enrolment application.
If you are unsure or have any questions regarding the application process, please contact SIDE on the following numbers:
Primary Enrolments (years K – 6) - 08 9242 6347
Secondary Enrolments (years 7 – 12) – 08 9242 6300 and you will be put through to the relevant Student Coordinator.
See also: SIDE Enrolments page