It is a School Curriculum and Standards Authority requirement that all students wishing to study a WACE language course obtain permission to enrol in that course in the year prior to first enrolment in the course. Second language courses are for students who have typically learnt everything they know about a second language and its culture through classroom teaching in Australia.
Applications for permission to enrol in 2019 were due to SCSA by 24th August 2018. Information about these requirements is available on the SIDE is required to confirm eligibility before enrolling students in WACE language courses. SCSA website.
Application already submitted to SCSA
Schools may check on the outcome of applications submitted to SCSA by downloading report CSE 208 from SIRS. If approval has been obtained, please forward a screenshot of the report showing the student’s name and course.
Application not yet submitted to SCSA
If you have not yet obtained approval from SCSA for the student to enrol in a WACE Year 11 or 12 Language Course, please ensure the application form is submitted to SCSA.
- The application form and guidelines for completing the form may be downloaded from the . SCSA website
Note: Please contact SCSA for any queries regarding the application process.
- The application form includes sections to be completed by the student, a parent/carer and a teacher from your school. The completed form must be signed by the principal.
- Please indicate on the form that the student wishes to enrol with SIDE to study this language course.
- Once completed, make and retain a copy of the form (scan or photocopy).
- Forward the original copy of the application form to SCSA and send a copy of the application to your Student Coordinator at SIDE.
Thank you for your cooperation in this process. We look forward to receiving a copy of the CSE 208 report or the completed application form as soon as possible so that we can progress this enrolment.