Home based students are those students where SIDE is the only school at which the student is enrolled.
Enrolment at SIDE is based on eligibility criteria within one enrolment category being met and documentation being supplied. Currently there is a minimum enrolment period of at least one Western Australian school semester. Enrolments are reviewed annually.
Please read Fast Track to SIDE and information about our 2019 courses.
Please see the Languages Enrolments page for specific SCSA requirements for Year 11 and 12 language course enrolments.
Parents / Guardians are encouraged to read The Role of Home Based SIDE Supervisors.
Home Based Enrolment Categories - Eligibility Criteria
The student needs to demonstrate that they are enrolled in a full time registered ballet/dance school and unable to attend a mainstream school. An acceptance letter from the registered school is required.
Conditions of Enrolment
For enrolment to be accepted parents/caregivers must sign their agreement to the general conditions stated in the online Enrolment Declaration (initial enrolment application). In addition parents/caregivers enrolling dance/ballet school students understand:
- Students must attend SIDE half a day per week (8.30 am – 12.30 pm)
- Students will complete the academic program set by SIDE for their year level
- Students will sit tests and exams on site at SIDE
The student needs to demonstrate that they are participating in high level competition or performance and unable to attend a mainstream school.
Documents required for enrolment:
- Evidence of involvement with competition/performance at a state/national/international level and/or
- Evidence of support by an official organisation or state sponsored program in particular area and/or
- Independent documentation attesting to level of achievement.
The student needs to demonstrate that they are geographically isolated as defined by at least one of the categories below:
- The distance between home and the nearest appropriate government school/s is 16km or more and the distance between home and *available transport service/s to the nearest appropriate government school/s is 4.5km or more, or
- The distance between home and the nearest appropriate government school/s is 8km or more and distance between home and *available transport service/s to the nearest appropriate government school/s is 8km or more, or
- The travel time between home and the nearest appropriate government school/s return journey takes 3 hours or more.
*Available transport service means any regular scheduled public transport, private carrier or school service that currently provides a pick-up point within the specified distances of the student's home or would do so if requested by the family.
The student needs to be travelling for a minimum enrolment period of one school semester or 20 school weeks.
enrolment period is usually two years
Students are eligible to apply for enrolment if they do not have access to:
Additional documents required for enrolment
- suitable secondary schooling and/or
- an English speaking school.
- Travel documents (airline tickets/itinerary) and/or
- Signed parent/care-giver work contract with place and time period of employment or
- Evidence that may be approved by the SIDE Principal.
enrolment period is usually one year
. Additional documents required for enrolment:
- Holiday itinerary and/or
- Parent/care-giver work contract or
- Evidence that may be approved by the SIDE Principal
Special Circumstances? See the Referral Program for further information.
For enrolment in Kindergarten to Year 6, please see the website. SIDE Primary
SIDE’s receipt of an application for enrolment does not necessarily confirm enrolment.
Documentation required to enrol:
- A digital copy of the student's birth certificate or passport
- If applicable, the student's Visa sub-class with evidence if necessary
- Proof of Western Australian address, e.g. driver's licence, utility account
- The student's immunisation record
- Previous two year's school reports and NAPLAN results (if available)
- Documentation of any court orders and/or access restrictions (if applicable)
- Individual Education Plans (IEP) if necessary
- Additional documents relevant to your enrolment criteria
Process for new enrolments:
Determine your enrolment category by reading the information above.
Contact SIDE and ask to speak to the Student Coordinator responsible for your category / region. (recommended)
Visit our . Application for Enrolment Portal
Read our helpful hints for using the Application for Enrolment Portal to apply to enrol at SIDE.
Process for continuing enrolments:
Download, save and then complete the appropriate Re-enrolment Form:
Year 7-9 Re-enrolment Form
Year 10 Re-enrolment Form
Year 11 Re-enrolment Form
Year 12 Re-enrolment Form
For Elite Dance/Arts/Sports students OR students who attend SIDE Leederville on a regular basis only, complete the online form below:
Student Leave Pass Form
Submit completed, signed, scanned copies of the following documents to . email@example.com
- Re-enrolment Form
- Student Leave Pass Form (only if applicable)
A SIDE Student Coordinator will contact you shortly.