SIDE students are allocated to regions which identify their geographical location or circumstances. The Student Coordinator attached to each region is responsible for establishing and supporting all aspects of student enrolment.
Contact Secondary 7-12 Enrolment and Enquiries or call 9311 1400.
View SIDE's Student Coordinators with areas of responsibility PDF
See the Map of Western Australia showing SIDE's student coordinator regions.
The role of a SIDE Student Coordinator
Student Coordinators are a key SIDE contact for students, parents and SIDE Supervisors. They oversee the general progress and welfare of students by:
- monitoring students progress and welfare
- facilitating regular and frequent communication between the student, SIDE Supervisor and SIDE teachers
- providing advice and support to parents/guardians and SIDE Supervisors to further student success
- providing career and further education information
- providing support with study techniques
- offering counselling and pastoral care to students
- referring students, on a needs basis, to the school psychologists and other agencies.
Through the Regional Visits programme, Student Coordinators and SIDE teachers will make visits to students where appropriate.
Students are welcome to visit SIDE Leederville to meet their teachers and Student Coordinator, or to visit the Resource Centre.