Home-based students are those students where SIDE is the only school at which the student is enrolled.
Enrolment at SIDE is based on eligibility criteria within one enrolment category being met and documentation being supplied. There is a minimum enrolment period of at least 20 school weeks or one Western Australian school semester. Students must participate in a full-time program. Enrolments are reviewed annually.
To apply to enrol, a student must be a resident of Western Australia and an approved Australian resident.
Please note: The 2022 cut-off date for enrolment in SIDE’s Referral Program for students with special circumstances is Friday 9 September 2022. Enquires can be made for 2023.
The student needs to demonstrate that they are enrolled in a full time registered ballet/dance school and unable to attend a mainstream school.
Conditions of Enrolment
For enrolment to be accepted parents/caregivers must sign their agreement to the general conditions stated in the online Enrolment Declaration (initial enrolment application). In addition parents/caregivers enrolling dance/ballet school students understand:
- Students must attend SIDE half a day per week (8.30 am – 12.30 pm)
- Students will complete the academic program set by SIDE for their year level
- Students will sit tests and exams on site at SIDE
Additional documents required for enrolment:
- an acceptance letter from a registered ballet school
Elite Performance (Arts/Sports)
The student needs to demonstrate that they are participating in high level competition or performance and unable to attend a mainstream school.
Additional documents required for enrolment:
- Evidence of involvement with competition/performance at a national/international level and
- Evidence of support by an official organisation in particular area and/or
- Independent documentation attesting to level of achievement.
The student needs to demonstrate that they are geographically isolated in WA as defined by at least one of the categories below:
- The distance between home and the nearest appropriate government school/s is 16km or more and the distance between home and *available transport service/s to the nearest appropriate government school/s is 4.5km or more, or
- The distance between home and the nearest appropriate government school/s is 8km or more and distance between home and *available transport service/s to the nearest appropriate government school/s is 8km or more, or
- The travel time between home and the nearest appropriate government school/s return journey takes 3 hours or more.
*Available transport service means any regular scheduled public transport, private carrier or school service that currently provides a pick-up point within the specified distances of the student's home or would do so if requested by the family.
The student needs to be travelling for a minimum enrolment period of one school semester or 20 school weeks.
enrolment period is usually two years
Students are not eligible to apply for SIDE if they are enrolled at another school. Additional documents required for enrolment
- Travel documents (airline tickets/itinerary) and/or
- Signed parent/care-giver work contract with place of employment and time period of employment or
- Evidence that may be approved by the SIDE Principal.
enrolment period is usually one year
.Additional documents required for enrolment:
- Holiday itinerary and/or
- Parent/care-giver work contract or
- Evidence that may be approved by the SIDE Principal
Special Circumstances? See the Referral Program for further information.
For enrolment in Kindergarten to Year 6, please see the K-6 Eligibility Guidelines website.
SIDE’s receipt of an application for enrolment does not necessarily confirm enrolment.
New to SIDE Enrolment
- A digital copy of the student's birth certificate or passport
- If applicable, the student's Visa sub-class with evidence if necessary
- Proof of Western Australian address, e.g. driver's licence, utility account
- The student's immunisation record
- Previous two year's school reports and NAPLAN results (if available)
- Documentation of any court orders and/or access restrictions (if applicable)
- Individual Education Plans (IEP) if necessary
- Additional documents relevant to your enrolment criteria
Process for new enrolments:
Determine your enrolment category by reading the information above.
Contact SIDE and ask to speak to the Student Coordinator responsible for your category / region. (recommended)
Visit our . Application for Enrolment Portal
For Dance/Arts/Sports students OR students who attend SIDE Leederville on a regular basis only, complete the online form below:
Student Leave Pass Form
Read our helpful hints for using the Application for Enrolment Portal to apply to enrol at SIDE.
Continuing at SIDE Enrolment