Main page content
- Created: Sunday, 10 April 2011 16:30
- Last Updated: Friday, 27 February 2015 11:50
Getting help with your e-learning is sometimes necessary. Thankfully, most problems can be solved with a patient, careful approach. So where do you start? Well, here's the order of troubleshooting you should follow:
- Read any instructions given again. This solves most problems!
- Read the online help. Many applications have a Help menu item. It's a good place to solve a problem.
- Google is your friend.
- Ask your mum. Or a friend or class member. Don't keep it to yourself - someone has probably already solved it.
- Check the Guides and Help Sheets on this site.
- Contact your teacher.
SIDE uses a range of applications for teaching and learning, and content can consist of different file types. We design our systems to work with most computers, and try to minimise the number of plugins and programs you'll need. In fact, most of our materials should display in a standard web browser.
There are a few basic requirements, however. If you're having trouble viewing some content, take the SIDE System Test. It's designed to check your computer for compatibility with SIDE Online Learning.
It's very easy. Enter your details, then work through the prompts.
Saba (Centra) system check
On the top-right corner of your My Schedule page in Saba (Centra), you'll see a system check link. It will help diagnose Saba (Centra) problems.
Still have a question? Contact your teacher.