Main page content
- Created: Thursday, 02 March 2017 14:47
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 04 April 2017 11:03
These helpsheets may assist in troubleshooting minor problems.
SIDE students receive lots of emails (from teachers, as notifications from Moodle, etc) so you need to be able to check these and manage them efficiently.
- Managing SIDE Moodle email notifications. A helpsheet to assist in managing emails from Moodle using the Outlook email account in the Department of Education's Student Portal.
- Forwarding email from Outlook email in the Student Portal. A helpsheet to assist in forwarding SIDE emails to your personal email account.
SIDE students studying Japanese need access to computers that have Japanese language characters.
Managing documents and files
SIDE students use different kinds of operating systems and software,and sometimes experience problems when they try to send documents or files to teachers either by email or uploading to Moodle.
- Creating and managing PDF documents. Portable Document Format (PDF) documents are easy to transfer. Use this helpsheet to make sure that these are suitable for email and Moodle.
- Merging and converting multiple files to PDF. This helpsheet shows how to combine multiple files and convert them into one PDF.
- Create Word documents with OpenOffice or LibreOffice. This helpsheet shows how to export a word processing file to a Word document which is able to be emailed or uploaded to Moodle.
- Create Word documents with Pages. This helpsheet is for Mac users and shows how to export a Pages file to a Word document format which is able to be emailed or uploaded to Moodle.
- Resizing images. This helpsheet shows how to reduce the size of images so the documents and files are not too large and can be emailed or uploaded to Moodle more easily.
- Sending and receiving large files using IFEX. Sometimes large files cannot be avoided. This helpsheet shows how to use a specific site to send large files within the Department of Education.