Main page content
- Created on Friday, 17 December 2010
- Last Updated on Thursday, 05 July 2012
The Arts Learning Area offers a range of Visual Art courses in the areas of art and craft. Visual Arts can provide students with a very powerful means of conveying and expressing ideas and feelings. This allows students to create exciting drawings and artwork. Students ability to think and act creatively is developed
Each Arts module is one term in length. Students complete one module per term or two each semester. Each module will allow students to demonstrate the four Arts Learning Outcomes.
- Arts Ideas – generate arts works that communicate idea.
- Arts Skills and Processes – use the skills, techniques, processes, conventions and technologies of the arts.
- Arts Responses – use your aesthetic understanding to respond to, reflect on and evaluate the arts.
- Arts in Society – understand the role of arts in society. Your student coordinator will be able to advise you on which modules best suit your learning program.
Details of individual modules can be found in the Lower Secondary Choices handbook.
New modules reflecting the Australian Curriculum will be introduced in 2013 for Year 8 students.