Main page content
- Created: Tuesday, 14 October 2014 13:55
- Last Updated: Wednesday, 14 December 2016 12:20
Home based students are those students where SIDE is the only school at which the student is enrolled. Enrolment at SIDE is based on eligibility criteria within one enrolment category being met and documentation being supplied. Currently there is a minimum enrolment period of at least one Western Australian school semester. Enrolments are reviewed annually.
Please see the Languages Enrolments page for specific SCSA requirements for Year 11 and 12 language course enrolments.
Parents / Guardians are encouraged to read The Role of Home Based SIDE Supervisors.
Home Based Enrolment Categories - Eligibility Criteria
- Elite Performance (sports and arts)
- Geographical Isolation
- Travelling (within Australia or overseas)
- Special Circumstances
New to SIDE Enrolment
Documentation required to enrol:
- A digital copy of the student's birth certificate or passport
- If applicable, the student's Visa sub-class with evidence if necessary
- Proof of Western Australian address, e.g. driver's licence, utility account
- The student's immunisation record
- Previous two year's school reports and NAPLAN results (if available)
- Documentation of any court orders and/or access restrictions (if applicable)
- Individual Education Plans (IEP) if necessary
Application process for new enrolments:
Determine your enrolment category by reading the information above.
Contact SIDE and ask to speak to the Student Coordinator responsible for your category / region. (recommended)
Read our helpful hints for using the Application for Enrolment Portal to apply to enrol at SIDE.
Continuing at SIDE Enrolment
Application process for continuing enrolments:
Determine your enrolment category by reading the information above then download and complete the appropriate Re-enrolment Form:
- 2017 Yr 7-9 Re-enrolment Form
- 2017 Yr 10 Re-enrolment Form
- 2017 Yr 11 Re-enrolment Form
- 2017 Yr 12 Re-enrolment Form
For Elite Dance/Arts/Sports students OR students who attend SIDE Leederville on a regular basis only, complete the Student Leave Pass Form:
Submit completed, signed, scanned copies of the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2017 Re-enrolment Form
- 2017 Student Leave Pass Form (only if applicable)
A SIDE Student Coordinator will contact you shortly.