"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." - Goethe

Main page content


Eligibility Criteria

Students are deemed to be travelling if:

  • Travelling within Australia
  • Temporarily living overseas (where suitable schooling is not available)
Documentation Required

Parents/caregivers enrolling travelling students will be asked for supporting documentation during enrolment. We require:

  • A digital copy of the student's birth certificate or passport
  • If applicable, the student's Visa sub-class with evidence if necessary
  • Proof of Western Australian address, e.g. driver's licence, utility account
  • The student's immunisation record
  • Previous two year's school reports and NAPLAN results (if available)
  • Documentation of any court orders and/or access restrictions (if applicable)
  • Individual Education Plans (IEP) if necessary
  • Travel itinerary
  • Airline tickets or evidence of travel


To apply for enrolment, please view SIDE's Home Based Enrolments page.

For enrolment in Kindergarten to Year 6, please see the SIDE Primary website.

SIDE’s receipt of an application for enrolment does not necessarily confirm enrolment.

Secondary Columns